ACE Magnet Graduation Requirements
1. English/Language Arts (4 Credits)
2. Mathematics (4 Credits)
- Successful completion of Secondary Mathematics I, II, and III or higher.
- Parents may request that students replace Secondary III with a course from the Applied or Advanced approved course list.
- Students who successfully complete Calculus or Math 1210 have met graduation requirements regardless of the number of credits they have taken.
3. Science (3 Credits)
- 2 Credits (from the four science foundation areas; Earth Systems, Biological Science, Chemistry, AP Computer Science, or Physics).
- 1 Credit (from the foundation courses or the applied or advanced science core list).
4. Individual Student Research (1.0 Credits)
- Science research project completed during the 11th grade year or an approved learning project based on CCR goals completed during the 11th grade year. Project must be complete by the end of the 11th grade school year.
5. Social Studies (3 Credits)
- 1 Credit (U.S. History)**
- 0.5 Credit (Geography)**
- 0.5 Credit (Civilization)**
- 0.5 Credit (U.S. Government and Citizenship)
- 0.5 Credit (LEA Discretion)
- Civics Mastery Exam Completion Demonstrating Mastery
6. Directed Coursework (3.5 Credits)**
- 1.5 Credit (Fine Arts)
- 1 Credit (CTE)
- 0.5 Credit (Computer Technology, or Computer Exploration/Programming)
- 0.5 General Financial Literacy
7. Physical Education Health (2 Credits)**
- 0.5 Credit (Health)
- 0.5 Credit (Participation Skills)
- 0.5 Credit (Fitness for Life)
- 0.5 Credit (Individualized Lifetime Activities/PE Electives) An optional 0.5 credit maximum for Team Sport/Athletic Participation may be used in place of Individualized Lifetime Activities.
8. Required Electives (7.5 Credits)
**Directed Coursework, Physical Education, Health, Geography, World History and US History requirements must be completed prior to a student enrolling in collegiate classes for the 12th grade year. Students may petition for exceptions to this requirement.
Contact ACE Academy